JEMS Style Guide: 6 Wardrobe Essentials
Here's a quick list of this season’s must-haves to strut through the rest of the year in style:
- The narrow pant. We are in love with slim-line pants because they're the perfect part pants/part leggings and they look great on virtually any body size! We suggest a classic black pant in a solid colour or a print for a casual, playful look.
- The cape/poncho. This is one of our favourite seasonal looks because it's effortless and classic. We are excited to have so many amazing cozy and luxurious options in store this season! Choose from a variety of gorgeous prints and fabrics that suit any height and shape.
- The cozy sweater. We tend to live in our most comfortable clothing options come Fall. Find balance between function and fashion with a stylish cotton-based sweater (ditch that old sweatshirt!) with jeans or opt for a long cashmere or wool cardigan paired over leggings and tall boots.
- The tank dress. Say yes to the dress! We can't stress the importance of this stretchy wardrobe staple. It can be fingertip or above the knee length and it works under almost any sweater, transforming short tops into longer options. Even better, the sleeveless tank dress alleviates the occasional body heat that comes with wearing too many layers. You know what we’re talking about, ladies!
- The pencil skirt. The key to finding the perfect skirt is all about finding the perfect length. For shorter women, opt for above the knee paired with top or jacket that sits comfortably at hip-height. For those blessed with height, a mid-calf or above the ankle skirt looks fab with mid-thigh tunics.
- The bling. This season is all about statement jewelry. Hop on board the fashion train with a velvet choker necklace, an oversized bauble bracelet, or bedazzled earrings. If jewelry isn't your thing, why not try a pair of funky eyeglasses? We’ve got fun and stylish glasses to rock your new look this season.